The 21 poshest things overheard in Waitrose
Here are some of the poshest things that have been overheard in Waitrose. This is what you go to Waitrose for, after all. You don't get these kinds of convos in Lidl...
21) Jeremiah's papa
20) This close call
19) Lucien's shopping list
18) This callous de-invitation
17) This emergency
- "I'll get some water"
- "We're not animals, dear. Make a chick pea and chorizo soup, you ghastly monster."
16) This person, talking to their feral son
"Rufus either put your gilet on properly or don't put it on at all"— OverheardInWaitrose (@WaitroseChat) September 10, 2015
15) This feral child
I told you the marmalade wasn't down here, no wonder Daddy left you #OverheardInWaitrose— OverheardInWaitrose (@WaitroseChat) September 3, 2015
14) This fair assessment of ASDA
'I went to ASDA once and the checkout assistant didn't even know what Cambozola was. Rough as dogs.'— Only in Waitrose (@OnlyInWaitrose) September 18, 2015
13) This legitimate complaint
'Don't even talk to me about bad holidays. The hotel on our ski trip didn't even have a turn down service.'— Only in Waitrose (@OnlyInWaitrose) October 3, 2015
12) This 10 year old sommelier
OH in Waitrose: 'Mummy, does Lego have a silent t like merlot?'— Jo (@ThisIsJoFrank) May 29, 2013
"It's pronounced Leggot, son. Like bigot."
11) This alarming occurrence
10) This pet's preferences
9) This conundrum
8) This disappointment to their parent
7) This person, who should clearly just fire their cleaner and get a new one
6) This compliment
5) This horrendous mispronunciation
'Darling what have I told you? It's bay-zil, not baz-il. You're making a fool of us.'— Only in Waitrose (@OnlyInWaitrose) October 3, 2015
4) This person with a perfectly valid complaint
3) This vegetarian
2) This massive threat
"Too far, mum. You can take my freedom but you can never take my brioche."
1) This crisis
@OnlyInWaitrose 'Jesus Christ, they've run out of bloody pomegranate seeds'.— Tina Hetherington (@TinaHetheringto) March 31, 2015
Like this? Check out the things Waitrose thinks are "essential"...
Loved this? You’ll love these freebies even more.